Bollywood, the biggest film industry in the world, with respect to the number of films released, has been fairly conservative with regards to love-making scenes or nudity. Due to the cultural upbringing and conditioning of India, sex was more or less a taboo and nudity has been something that has been kept off limits. The mindset has slowly and steadily been eroding since the 2000 and the industry has been become more liberal due to the young generation. However complete nudity is still not accepted and can take controversial proportions.
Bollywood actress and models have gone without clothes for magazines, for a movie scene or just for a lark. Sometimes, the clothes have dropped from their body in a classic case of wardrobe malfunction. For instance, Dimple Kapadia’s towel slipping act in Saagar, was perhaps the beginning of wardrobe malfunction, long before Janet Jackson’s nipple gate happened. So here are some of the controversial and rare instances where Bollywood actresses went nude for the camera:
1. Zeenat Aman was shown topless, draped in a see though flimsy saree which exposed her voluptuous charms in the movie Zeenat Aman. Raj Kapoor, the legendary director who was rumored to have a fetish of big breasts, said, “You will come to watch Zeenat’s tits but will forget about them and remember only the movie by the time you leave the theater” This was way back in the 70s when such kind of exposure was looked upon with shock.
2. Mandakini bared her breasts the 1986 film ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ through a white transparent saree, as she bathed under the water fall. This movie was also a huge hit and people download and watch Mandakini’s legendary waterfall scene that created history.
3. Mamta Kulkarni went topless for Stardust in the 90s and this cover page exposure took on the shape of a big controversy. Negative publicity is always good in media and the magazine sold many copies
4. Kashmira Shah: Kashmira Shah was shown nude from behind,and a part of her breasts were shown on camera, much to her chagrin in the movie Revathi.
5. Madhu Sapre: Madhu Sapre, the model faced a lot of controversy and ire when she posed nude along with her then boyfriend Milind Soman for Tuff Shoes.
Source by Arunraj V.S.