In order to learn business English you have to first learn English and then learn about business. It is important to have a wide business English vocabulary to pass a job interview and get into a good western company. Here are 5 ways to improve your vocab.
1. Watch a business news channel in English. This is a good way to get exposed to what is going on in the business world and which words and phrases are commonly used. It is interesting as well as educational.
2. Listen to podcasts that teach business English vocabulary. These are mp3s that can be downloaded onto your Ipod. These shows will explain new business terms slowly and clearly. Once you learn them, you will be able to use them and what business people are talking about.
3. Use business English forums. You can practice your writing skills and newly learned vocabulary.
4. Read English books about business. There are several good books about business that native English speakers read. If you know enough about business, these books are often easier to understand than a novel written in English. There are several modern non fiction books about management, economics, consumer psychology, and many others.
5. Talk with native English English speakers about business topics. Do not be afraid to ask questions if you are uncertain about certain words. Make sure that the native English speaker is also interested in the subject or it will be a waste of everyone’s time and energy.
If you follow those 5 steps you will be well on your way to learning more vocabulary and making more money.
Source by Andrew Best