The Florida Department of Banking and Finance provides Florida consumers with information and education they need to make informed financial decisions. For example, some of its important services can be listed as follows.
- Consumer assistance and answers to general insurance and financial questions are available through our toll-free help line. These help lines are available through regional service offices or website. The Florida Department of Banking and Finance claims that each year, our specialists handle more than 450,000 consumer calls.
- The regional services offices are located strategically throughout the state and provide consumers with access to one-on-one guidance regarding insurance and financial issues.
- The Florida Department of Banking and Finance offers free community outreach programs that reach thousands of Floridians each year.
- The department has also partnered with the Department of Elder Affairs to conduct a special outreach program helping seniors with their insurance concerns. This is known as SHINE, in short. The abbreviation is Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders.
- The Florida Department of Banking and Finance also offers free consumer guides. They do not take a single penny from the consumer for making the guide available to them. The consumer guide has been made available by the Department on a range of topics relevant to today’s insurance and finance markets. If you want to have that consumer guide, the best way is to order or review it online. What is more, you can also get the printout of the online consumers guide.