Many Americans Want To Retire Early
There are dozens of reasons that older people want to choose early retirement. Some get retired early against their own wishes. Because of the economy, they decide to give up on extending their careers. Others do not plan to give up working, but just want a less demanding job to see them into their retirement years. And still others have always dreamed of starting their own business. They figure they had better do it before they get any older, but this means they will need to leave their current job. Either way, early retirement is becoming common.
However, one of the biggest problems that these people face is making sure they have affordable
Insurers always charge more money for older people. In addition, many middle aged people start to develop some
However, in my opinion, it is a shame that people have to delay their plans just because they cannot find a way to access affordable
Consider some options before you give up.
- Many middle aged people can still find affordable private medical plans. Remember, most people can deduct the premiums from their taxes if they do not have access to group medical from a job. This reduces the real cost of coverage.
- If the first plans you find seem to expensive, consider the advantages of
healthsavings accounts (HSA) and high deductible major medical. This gives you tax advantages, may save money on the actual premium, and is a good way for people to control healthcare costs.
- If you get declined by a private company, check into the state or federal high risk
healthplan where you live. Sometimes the premiums are expensive and not everybody qualifies, but it is a way for people with pre-existing healthconditions to get covered.
- If you cannot afford any private options, check into your county
healthsystem. Some offer healthplans with a sliding fee scale for people with low to moderate incomes.
- Very low income people may qualify for Medicaid.
- There are other resources too. Private and public foundations and charities provide help so low income people can get a variety of help with medical problems. Visit PPARX.org for a variety of these helpful resources.
I am not trying to tell anybody that it is easy to find affordable
Source by Marilyn Katz