Facebook allows the creation of what is called a Facebook Page or a Fan Page. It is more beneficial for a business than what a regular Facebook account offers with its limited 5,000 friends as against an unlimited friends on a Facebook Page.
Facebook with its 500 million users has become the social network giant. What has started to be a place for college students have become a worldwide phenomenon. The potential for businesses is enormous with a possible target of over 500 million users that is something a business cannot ignore.
A lot of businesses have made their Facebook Page but most are uninteresting because of their limited knowledge of FBML which is the native language used in creating these pages.
There are some companies which offer their services in making a fancier looking page but it can be very expensive. One can try to learn the native FBML or even download the static FBML Facebook application which one can use to create a more interesting looking page. There are also paid services which host your Facebook Page on their servers and run through an application.
I found out a free Facebook app that will let you create a Facebook Page in less than five minutes. The app is called tigerlily it has been featured on well-known tech blogs such as Techcrunch and Mashable. What Tigerlily does is that it makes everything very easy with the use of widgets. There is a widget for adding video, photo, some text, rss feed and even a Flickr photo stream.
Follow these simple instructions in getting your Facebook Page ready in Five Minutes:
1. Search the Facebook app tigerlily and once you found it, install it on any of the pages you have already created.
2. It will ask you to allow it to access your account just like any other app.
3. It will create a tab called Tigerlily.
4 You go to Edit Page and find the Tigerlily app.
5. Just choose the widget you like to appear on your page it could be a video, photo or any of the other available widgets.
6. You can add more widgets on the second tab available.
7, You can rearrange the way you want the widget to appear on the page.
8. Last thing you need to do is edit the wall settings so that the Tigerlily tab will become the default tab of your Facebook Page.
That’s all you need to do to make a more interesting Facebook Page in less than five minutes.