The market has opportunities for US, as well as, Canadian companies who are involved in exporting lumber. Such timber is exported in the form of logs and the primary markets are considered to be Europe and Asia.
There is no argument over the fact that timber is primarily considered a commodity, however, certain kinds of woods are involved in bringing huge amount of profits to the respective companies.
Since the demand of high profit margins wood is remarkably high as well, the export of such timber is considered to be one of the finest businesses to be involved in. But it still can’t be ignored that a number of companies face all sorts of problems while they decide to jump into the sea of lumber export business. Therefore, let’s take a closer look at what is to be kept in mind before starting the aforementioned business.
• A buyer with remarkable repute who is willing to pay for the export
• A supplier who is capable of providing the finest quality timber that is specifically made up to the requirement of the client
• Logistics are going to provide the services of transportation of lumber to the required destination and that also in a timely fashion
• Sufficient amounts of funds which are going to be utilized in order to make the payments of lumberyard as well as other suppliers
It is to be kept in mind at all times that a huge number of failure in the lumber export business is merely on the grounds that small companies are unable to take care of the forth mentioned point and are unable to make the timely payments to lumberyard as well as a number of other suppliers since they lack in terms of funding.
Therefore, it is of prime importance to mention here that no matter if you have taken care of finding a reputable buyer along with a supplier with the quality timber and logistics who are going to govern the process of transportation in a timely fashion, your transaction is bound to fail until or unless you have ensured the availability of sufficient funds. Therefore, before jumping into the sea of lumber export business, it is to be made sure that a remarkably high capital is available in your bank account or else you are going to fail in your business, sooner or later.
In the light of the above mentioned information, it is only fair to consider it an established fact that financing your timber export company is one of the vital steps that you need to accomplish before you can dream of making profits and being successful with this business.
However, the question of how are you supposed to finance your timber export business must have popped in your mind and what are the things which are to be taken under consideration before you go out financing your business. Taking this into perspective, we have mentioned a few of the conspicuous factors, which are to be considered before getting indulged in the business of lumber export. Such factors may include and are not confined to the following:
• The transaction size that you are capable of affording
• The letter of credit must be provided by the foreign buyer once he makes the payment
• The purchase order must be taken care of by the supplier in the form of a single transaction
• The profit margin has to be twenty percent or above to say the least
Taking the aforementioned factors into account, you can certainly make sure that you are capable of establishing your timber export business in an efficient manner.