How to wash jeans? How to make them last longer? My jeans lose color so easily. These are the common problems associated with jeans. We buy jeans because we love to wear them. They are stylish, fit well to the body and quite durable. The pop culture has made jeans so popular that jeans are probably worn the most. However, like mentioned before nowadays it is getting hard to keep the jeans in a good shape. It is might because of the pollution as well as the use of detergents that use strong chemicals.
There are a couple of ways to increase the durability of your jeans, some of which are mentioned below:
- After wearing the jeans for a couple of times, always turn it inside out and then wash it. This is how you can lower the color bleeding. You could go one step further and use other jeans of similar shade or color to wash the dirty jeans. This will further lower color bleeding. This technique works on a stain or any dirt on your jeans.
- In case you are washing it in a machine use cold water. It helps in lowering the color bleeding. Also, make sure that the detergents that you are using are of high quality. In case the stain is too tough to remove, you could use luke warm water.
- To tell the truth, washing jeans too often is not recommended at all. Because it will lose color as well as shape. In addition, it is certain to lose color over the time. The only thing that you can do is delay the process, and the best way to do so is not to wash it often. This thing really applies to raw jeans.
- You can also wash jeans in a bath. However, before you start scrubbing it with all your strength, make sure that you soak it in cold water for 45 minutes or so.
- Not just the method you chose to wash jeans affects your jeans condition. but it is also the way you dry it. Usually, people tumble dry the jeans it is going to shrink. This is good if your jeans is a loose fit. But, if it’s already a fit and you don’t want it to shrink you can hang it upside down outside.
These are some handy tips to wash the jeans and other clothes as well. So the next time you wash jeans it will be good to keep them in mind.