The Blu-ray is capable of storing movies in high definition and resolution of 1080p. In many respects this resolution is called ‘The High Definition or Full High Definition’ and in Blu-ray you can store enough data for 5-6 hours of movie high definition content. In some Blu-ray the capacity can go beyond 50 GB which means it can contain nearly 24 hours of standard definition content. And the best part of it is that it provides crisp clear pictures.
Here are my top 10 Blu-Ray Movie Picks:
1. Blade Runner: This is a movie made in 1982 which is fully an action packed and provocative film that you can enjoy at home. Its a 117 minute stylish noir thriller that stars Harrison Ford who performs the role of enigmatic 21st century detective called Rick. Watch this movie for the charm none other than Harrison Ford can create.
2.Gone with the Wind: A movie from 1939 which had been adapted from Margaret Mitchell’s Pulitzer Prize-Winning Novel and still is considered one of the best movies ever made. Although, a lengthy movie of 238 minutes it has the dramatic sequences to keep you sticking to it.
3. The Third Man:A 1949 movie where pulp novelist Holly Martins travels to shadowy postwar Vienna only to find himself in turmoil and investigating the death of his friend. This is a legendary flick which is good for movie lovers.
4. The Police: A 2008 movie of 159 minutes is a great movie for watching with friends at home. This recently made film with its action packed storyline is sure to give you an interesting viewing experience.
5. Sin City: Another raw but watchable Blu-ray Movie which has been rated as the best bloodshed and dark movie ever made. This is a 147 minute movie full of jazz music, blood, sexy damsels, most hating villains, and superb editing is something you can look forward to for a weekend.
6. The Wizard of OZ: A 1939 movie of 102 minutes where Dorothy Gale and her dog Toto, are swept away by a tornado from their home in Kansas to the magical land of Oz. They set out to find the wizard who can help them return home.
7. Band of Brothers: A series which includes a total of 705 minutes and is based on the bestseller by Stephen Ambrose. You will have to see it in parts.
8. Dexter: The Complete First Season is a 2006 film released by Paramount Pictures is a crime drama where Dexter Morgan is a man who leads a double life as an incredibly likable forensics expert for the Miami Police Department.
9. Dirty Harry: A Warner Bros release of 1971 is a good police detective movie to watch at home during the weekend.
10. Michael Jackson’s This is It: Released in 2009, its 111 minutes is a rare glimpse on the final days of Michael Jackson. The documentary is a good keeper for any Michael Jackson fan.
Source by Andre Barde