Photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s baby were sold to People magazine for $4.1 million recently. Yes. You read that correctly, $4.1 million. What is our fascination with celebrity? Is it the larger than life movie stars? Is it the glamorous lives they lead? How is it people can name every character from Grey’s Anatomy but come up empty when asked to name their state senators?
It’s because we are obsessed with celebrity. We need
- People Magazine – A weekly magazine focusing on celebrity and human interest stories. People Magazine is best known for its yearly special issue which names its “50 Most Beautiful People” and the “The Best and Worst Dressed” of the year. The magazine chooses to cover stories about the people who are causing the news and who are caught up in it, or deserve to be in it. Their mantra is to cover people and not issues.
EntertainmentWeekly – EntertainmentWeekly’s primary concentration is on entertainmentmedia, targeting a more general audience, particularly young people and women. The magazine features celebrities on the cover and addresses topics such as TV ratings, movie grosses, production costs, concert ticket sales, ad budgets, and in-depth articles about scheduling, producers, etc.
- Premiere – Premiere Magazine is for the people out there who REALLY love movies. The magazine covers everything you want to know about movie watching and movie making. Some of the features include interviews, profiles, and behind the scene looks at soon to be released movies.
- National Enquirer – Find out what’s going on the lives of the big starts and other Hollywood celebrities. Inquiring minds want to know. The National Enquirer prints all the gossip you can’t get from your typical newspaper.
- Star Magazine – Every week Star Magazine covers the latest celebrity news from Hollywood to Buckingham Palace. Weekly features include horoscopes, puzzles, advice, and the latest celebrity fashion trends.
- Rolling Stone – Rolling Stone is THE music magazine of music magazines. It features cutting edge music reviews, in-depth interviews, provocative photos, and award-winning features. The magazine also covers political and social examinations of the world today and how these issues affect the reader.
Vanity Fair -Vanity Fair focuses of literature, art, fashion, politics, and personality. It’s devoted to readers who are interested in contemporary society and culture. Features include photo essays and interviews with leaders in the
entertainmentindustry with book, film, and music reviews.
US Weekly – Gives a revealing insider’s look at all the trends and personalities important to the
As you can see,
Source by Joel Simkhai