Unlimited PSP downloads at online stores allow you to build a private stash of PSP movies at such convenience that was impossible just a few years ago. If you just bought a new PSP or have been using it mainly for games and have no inkling about how to download movies and watch them from your PSP, here’s the simple steps to download PSP movies to your portable device. Towards the end of the article, I will reveal to you some clues on where to unlock a vault of PSP movie and music video downloads for pennies.
First of all, there are some peripherals and software that you would need to install on your PC before you can perform the transfer of movie files to your PSP. Make sure you have a USB cable ready and your PC must have a USB port. This is the list:
1. DVD-ROM or Drive – This drive must be installed on your PC. This usually comes as a package with your PC. If your computer is an older version which only came with CD-ROM, head to the local computer store to purchase one. Nowadays, the prices have fallen quite a fair bit and should not cost you more than $100.
2. 512 MB Pro Duo Stick – Memory space higher than this is even better. 512 MB is the bare minimum. The memory is meant to store the movie files in MP4 format.
3. DVD Ripper software – This piece of software is necessary to rip movies from DVDs. Ripping means transferring in case you do not know what it means. Normally, this comes as a bundle with your DVD ROM. However, if you do not have one or want a most robust ripper, you can download some free ripping software from the internet.
4. PSP Video Converter – This software as the name suggests converts the raw movie files you have ripped into a readable format ie MP4 that you can watch on your PSP. There are software in the market that can combine the ripping and video conversion. Folks know them as combo of ripper and video converter.
Now we move on to learn how to download the movies to your PSP. Notice there are quite a number of things you have to prepare before you can start downloading the movie files, such as ripping so on. Nowadays, the membership sites that provide unlimited PlayStation downloads have made ripping redundant. Cool, isn’t it?
Steps to download the movie files onto your PSP
1. Insert the movie DVD into your DVD ROM and run your DVD ripper. Extract or rip the movie file from the DVD and save it to a folder you desire.
2. Run your PSP video converter and select the movie file you just ripped and click on the extract or encode icon. Finally, remember to save the file.
3. Remember that there is DVD Ripper/Video Converter combo software around? If you have one of these, steps 1 and 2 are combined into one.
4. Connect your PSP to your PC USB port. Next, create a folder on your memory stick and name it as “MP_ROOT”. Within this folder, create a subfolder or subdirectory and name it as “100MNV01”. Head to your folder that contains the movie files, copy and paste them into the 100MNV01 subfolder.
The downloading is complete and you can start watching movies on your gadget. This is the first step to begin with in building your collection of PSP music, movies, game downloads and so on. If the above steps are tedious to you, head to my blog where you can access to unlimited PSP downloads of movies, games, music and just about any interesting thing on this planet, without messy ripping etc. All the files are in proper format, ready for viewing.
The content of this article is provided for the purpose of education and illustration only and is in no way associated with Sony, PlayStation, or any company or subsidiary of Sony. This article may be freely reprinted or distributed in its entirety in any ezine, newsletter, blog or website. The author’s name, bio and website links must remain intact and be included with every reproduction.
Source by Davion Wong