What’s more devastating for a woman, than turning 40?
But lets hold back on that thought for a moment. Could we change our thinking and mindset here? Let’s try.
What can be more exciting for a woman than turning 40?
So by now you are probably asking ‘Are you crazy?’ You could be wondering how on earth anyone could possibly make a statement like that. After all, aren’t we were talking about health and fitness here?
Well let’s look at this more closely. Turning 50, what possible advantages or excitement could we find in this event? Well for one, a BIG party! But let’s look at the serious side of this.
Yes there is going to be some of those. There is in most things.
- Your body does grow older, and often more easily fatigued as the years drift by (or race by as they seem to these days.)
- We can’t keep up with the kids and young ones as much as we once did (but do we really want to?)
- You start noticing a lot more wrinkles on your friends, or partners faces (not so much on your own.)
- Jars are getting harder to open.
- Extra fat around your middle section is harder to shift.
- Health and fitness takes hard work to achieve and maintain.
There are more if we keep ‘racking our brains’, but this kind of thinking does not serve us well, we need to look at all of these things from a different perspective. We will benefit from a ‘change of mindset’, so lets start looking at the good things.
- Wisdom. Now that’s a big one. We’ve lived a few years and have quite a number of experiences ‘under our belt. These experiences equip us to not only help ourselves, but also to be of help to others.
- You don’t have to feel bad about asking someone to open ‘that jar’ for you. It makes them feel good to be able to help out, so you’re actually helping their ‘self esteem’!
- Those wrinkles…. you can at least warn your kids and your loved ones to protect their skin from an early age, stay out of the hot sun and drying wind as much as they can. This might not change your skin now, but you’ll be ‘helping and caring for others’ by sharing your experiences, and warning them of the effects of sun and wind on our skin. There are also great skin care products available now, to help ease the effects for those who may have neglected skin care in their younger years.
- It might, or should I say will, take dedication and determined effort, especially once you are over 40, to keep that ‘middle area spread’ in check. But the effort is worth it, for your own feeling of contentment, wellbeing and self image.
- You have the advantage, from your own experiences, of having learned what works, and what doesn’t work for you, in the area of health and fitness. Often, you are able to help, and give ‘sound’ advice to other women, who may be struggling with similar health issues.
- When you take the time to plan a regular routine of steady exercise, and stick to that routine, you actually feel so much better. Not only in the area of your health and fitness, but in your mental attitude and alertness.
There is certainly something to be said about exercise and healthy eating habits, for keeping a positive outlook on life. When you see what a healthy diet and exercise routine does for your own health and fitness, you feel better within yourself, and you become a role model and an encouragement to others.
It is easy to help and encourage others, when you’ve felt the benefits of a healthy lifestyle yourself.
Well, there is a lot to discuss and put into practice, especially if you are edging towards, or have already reached, those dreaded 50’s. But it doesn’t need to be a dreaded topic.
There are answers, and there is hope. Find what’s right for you.
Source by Bronwyn Ferguson